The rules for this award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the one(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Share seven of your favourite Bible passages. For extra points (Perhaps our Father in heaven will award them.), explain why each of these seven passages is a favourite.
- Nominate seven other bloggers you admire and enjoy! Why seven? In the Bible, seven symbolizes completeness.
- Inform each person that you have nominated them.
I Thank Biltrix for nominating me for The Food for Thought Award.
Among my favourite Bible passages I have chosen these seven passages
1. Luke 1: 38 – This Bible verse constantly reminds me of our attitude of total self-surrender to God’s Will; and to act in conformity with the Will of God in our lives.
2. Job 1: 21 – This Bible verse frames my trust and attitude towards God. It helps me to accept the diverse realities of life with its mysteries if Joy and Suffering. a great motivating factor in my day to day life.
3. Luke 21: 1-4 – This Bible verse is the motivating element for me to help others without expecting anything in return. These verses often compels me to reach out to others even when I find it uncomfortable and difficult. Each time when I find difficult to help others – this story reminds me that in order to follow Christ one has to give until it pains.
4. Psalms 110: 4 – This verse often reminds me that every Christian by their Baptism is a Prophet, Priest, and King – in order to be witness of Christ Jesus. it motivates me to reflect Jesus’ virtues in my daily life activities.
5. Psalms 46: 10 – This verse helps me to do my daily meditation on the Word of God and remain in His presence with proper disposition to grasp the mystery and meaning of the Word of God.
6. Matthew 5: 14 – This often reminds me of my baptismal commitment to be an active witness of Christ in all circumstances and modes of life.
7. Psalms 51 – This is one of the best passages in Bible I use for my preparation for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. It reminds me of my sinfulness and the constant need of God’s Grace and Mercy in my life.
Blogs I hereby nominate are -:
There are more to suggest, but as far as the terms of the nomination is concerned I limit with the required seven.