- UNICEF says Covid-19 hitting children hard in South Asiaon May 5, 2021 at 14:47
The UN’s children fund says the first wave of Covid-19 cost the lives of 228,000 children and 11,000 mothers in the region.
- Archbishop of Tuam welcomes inclusion of Knock Shrine in prayer marathonon May 5, 2021 at 14:08
The Archbishop of Tuam in Ireland, Michael Neary, welcomes Pope Francis’ invitation to the International Shrine at Knock to join in May’s marathon prayer […]
- Timor-Leste Church helps rebuild homes after floodson May 5, 2021 at 12:14
The Catholic Bishops' Conference of Timor has joined the government’s rebuilding and rehabilitation efforts following the destruction caused by cyclonic […]
- US Bishops welcome revised refugee admission capon May 5, 2021 at 12:10
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has welcomed the Biden administration's decision to raise the refugee admission cap from 15,000 to 62,500 […]
- Pontifical Mission Societies gear up for 200th anniversary celebrationson May 5, 2021 at 09:27
The Pontifical Mission Societies begin preparations to mark the 200th anniversary of their foundation, which takes place on 3 May 2022.
- Pope at Audience: Contemplative prayer ‘a guide along path of love’on May 5, 2021 at 07:34
At the Wednesday General Audience, Pope Francis focuses his catechesis on contemplative prayer, and says contemplation helps guide us in following Jesus along […]
- India: Ranchi Church offers free lunch to relatives of Covid-19 patientson May 4, 2021 at 16:04
The Catholic Church in Ranchi has tried reaching out to those hit by the pandemic and its adverse effect on the economy.
- Shrines around the world link up for recitation of the Rosaryon May 4, 2021 at 15:57
Join the daily live broadcast of the recitation of the Holy Rosary in link-ups with Marian shrines around the world, as part of the May marathon of prayer […]
- Covid-19: India passes 20 million cases amid oxygen shortageon May 4, 2021 at 15:51
Coronavirus cases in India surge past the 20 million mark, while hospitals continue to face a shortage in oxygen supplies.
- Archbishop Neary leads virtual pilgrimage to Ireland's Knock Shrineon May 4, 2021 at 15:13
As the Irish Archdiocese of Tuam celebrates its Diocesan pilgrimage to Knock Shrine, Archbishop Michael Neary recalls the importance of community in the life […]
- Pope’s May prayer intention: ‘For the world of finance’on May 4, 2021 at 14:00
Pope Francis releases his prayer intention for the month of May 2021, and calls for regulators to limit speculation in financial markets and protect ordinary […]
- Pope to celebrate Mass for Rome's Myanmar Catholics on May 16on May 4, 2021 at 13:57
The Pope’s gesture follows several appeals for dialogue and peace in Myanmar, which has been in turmoil since the 1 February military coup that ousted the […]
- Pope pens preface to book on Rosario Angelo Livatinoon May 4, 2021 at 12:53
Pope Francis writes the preface to a book on Servant of God, Rosario Angelo Livatino, an Italian judge killed “in hatred of the faith” in 1990 by gunmen […]
- US Church to recall seafarers with special Day of Prayeron May 4, 2021 at 12:45
On the occasion of the National Maritime Day to be held on 22 May, the Catholic Church in the United States will celebrate a special Day of Prayer and […]
- South Sudan: From a hospital bed, Bishop-elect calls for new beginningson May 4, 2021 at 10:47
The Bishop-elect of Rumbek Diocese in South Sudan says he is praying for the people in his diocese to join him in building a Church according to the teaching […]
- Burkina Faso: Deadly attack leaves dozens deadon May 4, 2021 at 09:08
A deadly attack in Burkina Faso’s Komandjari province has left several dozens dead and many injured after armed men attacked Kodyel village.
- 50 years of EU - Holy See relations: A Church for each Stateon May 4, 2021 at 08:01
The "Iter Europaeum" initiative aims to celebrate 50 years of relations between the Holy See and the European Union. Ambassador Alexandra Valkenburg-Roelofs […]
- Brazil: Laudato si' and Ciranda highlight family farming in Maranhãoon May 4, 2021 at 07:23
The Center for Rural Innovation and Agroecological Development (Ciranda), offers theoretical and technical training in agroecology to 70 families in the city […]
- Global press freedom restricted over past yearon May 3, 2021 at 14:53
As World Press Freedom Day is celebrated on 3 May, the situation for journalists continues to worsen, with greater restrictions, censorship and abuse. Pope […]
- Vatican Museums reopen to public after 3rd closureon May 3, 2021 at 14:11
The third reopening of the Vatican’s museums on May 3, has Covid-19 health protocols in place. A new feature honours Dante Alighieri, the great Renaissance […]
- Mozambique: Bishops promote hope for Cabo Delgado.on May 3, 2021 at 12:49
Mozambique’s Catholic Bishops have urged their compatriots to embrace love, unity and solidarity with the people of Cabo Delgado Province affected by […]
- Pope Francis meets with Iraq’s Minister of Foreign Affairson May 3, 2021 at 11:27
Pope Francis received in audience Iraqi Foreign Affairs Minister, Fuad Hussein, on Monday in the Vatican.
- Pope: Blessed Devasahayam Pillai, six others to be named saintson May 3, 2021 at 11:23
At a Consistory on Monday, Pope Francis confirms the vote of the Cardinals to proceed with the canonization of seven Blesseds, with the date of the forthcoming […]
- Pope Francis to open Italian demographics conferenceon May 3, 2021 at 11:04
The Vatican announces that Pope Francis will open a meeting on the demographic crisis facing Italy and other nations, entitled “General States of Birth”.
- Pope to altar servers: “Offer your hands, thoughts and time to Jesus"on May 3, 2021 at 10:23
Pope Francis sends a message for the 25th National Pilgrimage of the altar servers of Portugal, urging them to “put the enthusiasm of their age into the […]